The level is set in Minneapolis, Minnesota, but the environment is fictional.
In early Beta versions this level originally contained a statue of the "Bruce Willis" character model from the "Apocalypse" video game (Also developed by Neversoft). This was replaced with a water fountain in the final release. There was a parking garage in beta versions of the level, but was removed in the final versions.
Level specific Edit
- Taxis which are riding across the map allow player to perform Car Plant trick.
Taxi driver quotesEdit
- "Move, idiot!"
- "Ha, ha, ha."
- "Crazy kid!"
- "Get out of the street!"
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Edit
- High Score - 15,000 points
- Break 5 "No Skating" Signs
- Get S-K-A-T-E
- Find Hidden Tape
- Pro Score - 40,000 points
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Edit
- High Score - 30,000/100,000 depending on difficulty setting
- Pro Score - 60,000/200,000 also depending on difficulty setting
- Sick Score - 100,000/300,000 also depending on difficulty setting
- High Combo - 10,000/75,000 also depending on difficulty setting
- Collect S-K-A-T-E
- Collect C-O-M-B-O
- Get the secret tape
- Indy Over the Fountain
- Hardflip Over the Red Carpet
- Ollie over 5 barriers
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater levels|
|Warehouse • School • Mall • Chicago • Downtown • Downhill Jam • Burnside • Streets • Roswell|
|Tony Hawk's American Wasteland levels|
| Hollywood • Beverly Hills • Downtown • East L. A. • Santa Monica • Oil Rig • Vans Park • Casino • Skate Ranch