The level environment is mostly inspired by financial district of Los Angeles. For example the skatepark area in the center of the level is mainly Pershing Square with Biltmore Hotel next to it, at the beginning of the level there is Central Library. On the right there is City National Plaza, which appears to be moved to the Alley of Fame. ARCO Rails can be found right behind it. There is Hollywood sign as well on the hill outside the level. The Havgas car wash is based on Downtown Car Wash.
There are plenty of Los Angeles skyscrapers in the level including The U.S Bank Tower, Citigroup Center, Gas Company Tower, AON Center and twin towers at City National Plaza.
- Player can start the earthquake by grinding 4 rails. It will destroy the bridge.
- It is possible to reach the bridge without starting the earthquake.
- There are two guys that argue in single player mode. There is a bunch of phrases recorded including "THPS1. THPS2. THPS1! Tony Hawk 2!!!" or "Downhill levels. Open environments. Downhill levels! Open environments!!!".
- A Havgas carwash is present in the level.
- When skater is approaching the Buster's Cherry movie theater, stereotypical 80s porn music is being played. The advertised movies are rather suggestive: "Rear Admiral" and "Come Hither".
- City National Plaza fountain initially was planned to include the Double Ascension statue, but it was removed later.
- In one of the two theme setting in Pro Skater 4's Create-A-Park can have Los Angeles as a theme.
- One of City National Plaza towers is called Findley tower in the game. Chad Findley is one of the game developers.
- A glitch can occur in the Tony Hawk Underground 2 version where you grab onto the lip rail on quarter-pipe at the purple Pershing Square structure and you move over the farthest left part of the quarter-pipe next to the wall and move the thumbstick back, you'll be walking around, but still have the action of holding onto the rail, this will last until you jump or fall from anywhere in the level.
- Another glitch has been found in the Playstation 1 version. Skate to the elevator. Ride the wall to hit the button and get in. Towards the back of the elevator, you may sometimes spin in a circle until you pass through the floor of the elevator and stay suspended in mid air.
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 levels|
| Foundry • Canada • Rio • Suburbia • Airport • Skater Island • Los Angeles • Tokyo • Cruise Ship • Oil Rig • Downhill • Paris