The Oil Rig is a level originally featured in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, exclusive to owners of the Xbox version of the game. It was brought back in American Wasteland as a part of the game's storyline. The level has a heavy focus on verticality, and numerous rails scattered throughout make it a grinding heaven as well.
The origin of this level is unknown. It features typical oil rig environment including helipads, drills, cranes, tankers, multi-level platforms and elevators, which makes it hard to recognize any specific location.
Level modifiers Edit
- There are 5 valves in the level. If player will hit all 5 of them it will trigger the explosion at the helipad, which will spawn a huge hole in the middle.
- There is huge valve on the crane. If skater will perform lip trick there, it will explode the main platform, which will unlock a hidden bowl. It is possible to get inside wihtout touching the crane.
- Havgas is the company that posesses the oil rig.
- In THPS3 there is a certain area above the water that triggers the falling animation, but there is still possibility to land on the lower platform. In this case skater will keep floating on the surface until he'll reach the water.
- In THAW the lower platform has expanded drastically.
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 levels|
| Foundry • Canada • Rio • Suburbia • Airport • Skater Island • Los Angeles • Tokyo • Cruise Ship • Oil Rig • Downhill • Paris
|Tony Hawk's American Wasteland levels|
|Hollywood • Beverly Hills • Downtown • East L. A. • Santa Monica • Oil Rig • Vans Park • Casino • Skate Ranch • Minneapolis • Santa Cruz • The Mall • Chicago • Kyoto • The Ruins • Atlanta • Marseille|